Tea Time

Tea Time

Friday, November 23, 2012

The Benefits of Cardamom Tea

Feeling ill? Cardamom Tea will do you good.

Drinking Cardamom Tea has had the following benefits for me:

  • helps with sore throat, congestion, and stuffiness (think of that distinctive cardamom smell!)
  • aids digestion
  • relieves nausea

Yesterday, I was surprised to learn that Ahmad Tea had infused some of their tea bags with cardamom. I can tell you that my sore throat was very grateful for the hot soothing brew.

Ahmad Tea Presents Cardamon Tea


If you want to make your own Cardamom Tea, Food.com has a recipe that seems to have obtained very positive reviews.

For my part, I'm holding out on trying online recipes since a friend of mine promised to teach me her mom's authentic Pakistani Cardamom Tea recipe. Will let you all know how that turns out...

2 comments:

  1. I've seen this in stores too but was skeptical. I wasn't sure if you would actually taste the cardamom. It's an expensive spice that producers might skimp on or imitate with artificial ingredients. My homemade recipe is very simple. Make your regular orange pekoe black tea and put a few cardamom seeds, 2 or 3 is plenty. The seeds are inside the pods themselves, just break one open and pick them out. Add milk, sugar if you like and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds yummy! I've gotta get some cardamom seeds and try this out.

      Delete